Language1st is one of the fastest growing global leader in language learning and TEFL certification where we make learning and earning easy!
Language1st fluency and teaching proficiency are one of the most significant skills a person can possess.
When preparing ESL/EFL teachers for the tasks and challenges of the world they will lead tomorrow, educators are tasked to provide the highest possible level of instruction. Language1st understands this and gives custom tailored solutions to assist our clients in the academe in delivering the best possible language learning and teaching solution.
A student who is geared to learn English or any foreign language and aspiring TEFL teacher passionate in teaching can both have an edge in their future careers especially in travelling around the globe to gain wonderful experiences, adventures and insights of other countries and cultures.
Language1st assures that you only get the best learning package and conducive learning environment to reach your language fluency and TEFL teaching proficiency bearing in mind the old proverb that learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. Thus, we are committed and very focused in giving our clients not only the best but also the friendliest services in language learning and teaching through our TEFL Course Programs.
Why Study TEFL ?
You need to teach English abroad but you haven’t got any TEFL certification. Your tight schedule won’t allow you to attend a traditional face-to-face or in-classroom TEFL courses. What are your options? The answer is simple- you get TEFL certification online. Choosing an online TEFL course is an easy thing to do. However figuring out which TEFL courses are best for you is the hard part be it taken in a classroom setting or online. It all depends on your choice.
With regards to online courses, there are two kinds of online TEFL courses available: self study courses and distance- learning courses.
|Schedule||Type of Learning|
Language1st TEFL courses are self paced with the guidance of qualified TEFL instructors. It means that the student moves through the course at his or her own pace. So , while some students may finish one unit in 3 days, other students may already be doing two units and others may already be in unit 4. Learners move through the course based on their exerted efforts and time management.
An officially enrolled student has an assigned instructor who would directly provide all learning materials and necessary assistance and guidance throughout the whole course duration. Each unit in the course requires learning tasks to be done and submitted by the student to his/ her assigned instructor for checking and assessment. Feedback and grades are provided by the instructor from the first unit up to the last unit.
Prior to granting TEFL certification, every candidate is required to have a minimum of 20 hour In Classroom teaching practicum. The student should volunteer to teach in his/her community and have the Practicum Form signed by the officer/representative from the office where the practicum was conducted. E-certificates( in pdf form) are provided to candidates upon completion of all the requirements.
- Ideally, the 120hrs TEFL course can be finished in 45 days while the 100hrs TEFL course in 30 days. A student who fails to finish any course enrolled in within 6months upon receipt of payment shall be considered failed and must pay the corresponding penalty fees of 50% of the total course fee should he/she wish to finish the course with not more than two (2) months extension thereof.
- After finishing the course, you must give feedback ( mandatory ) and testimonial ( optional ) about the entire course prior to shipping your TEFL original certificate for the betterment of the course materials.
- Discount coupon code can be availed of mondays to fridays from 1pm to 10pm GMT/Beijing Time or leave a message at [email protected] to get your discount codes.
- TEFL discount can only be availed of upon successful enrolment and payment of fees.
- TEFL discount privileges shall be subject to change without prior notice.
- Create an account and choose the TEFL course program you wish to enroll.
- Pay for the TEFL course program through : paypal, credit/debit card, offline payments.
- Once you have paid for the course, please wait for 24 hours payment verification and processing.
- Once your payment has been verified and confirmed, your assigned TEFL instructor shall email you and guide you through the programs .
- All Course materials shall be directly sent to your email account by your assigned TEFL instructor.
CERTIFICATE IN TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (120 HOURS)
TEACHING AND THE LEARNING PROCESS
- The English Language
- Learner, Learner Styles and Strategies
- Characteristics and Roles of an Effective TEFL Teacher
- Motivating Learners
- Introduction to Grammar and Parts of Speech
- Tense and Aspect System
- Passive and Active Voice
- Overview of TEFL Methodology
- Current Communicative Approaches
- Communicative Language Teaching (CLT)
- Content-Based Instruction (CBI)
- Task-Based Language Teaching/Learning (TBLT)
- Cooperative Language Learning (CLL)
- Strategies and Techniques in an EFL Classroom
- Classroom Management
LANGUAGE SKILLS IN ACTION
- Teaching ListeningTop-down and Bottom- Up Processing
- Types of Listening
- Listening Strategies
- Aural Comprehension Instruction
- Listening and Language Learning
- Developing Listening Comprehension Activities and Materials
- Teaching Reading
- Teaching Children Literacy Skills
- Reading Purposes and Strategies
- Bottom-Up and Top-Down Approaches
- Becoming Literate in a Second Language
- Teaching Speaking and Pronunciation
- Teaching Oral Skills
- Speaking Activities
- Goals for Pronunciation Instruction
- Sound System of English
- Communicative Framework in Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Techniques
- Teaching Writing
- Nature of the Writing Process
- Written Assessment Language Activity
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
- Three- Dimensional Grammar Framework
- Learning and Teaching Process of Grammar
- Cognitive Approaches to Grammar Instruction
- Communicative ESL/EFL Grammar Lesson
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Language Structure and Vocabulary
- Vocabulary Teaching
SKILLS FOR TEACHERS
- Planning Lesson
- The Planning continuum
- Making a plan
- Planning a sequence of lessons
- Testing and Evaluating ESL/EFL Learners
- Characteristics of Good Tests
- Types of Test Item
- Writing and Marking Tests
- Planning a sequence of lessons
- Teaching the test
BUSINESS ENGLISH BASICS
- Writing Skills
- Preparing to Write
- Clarity, Style and Tone
- Supplementary Units
- Developing a Supplementary Handbook
- Presentation, Practice and Production (PPP)
- Engage, Study, Activate (ESA)
- Lessons in Practice (Video/CD ROM)
- TEFL Employment Counseling
CERTIFICATE IN TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (100 HOURS)
TEFL courses online are being offered by Language First – the number one online teaching school for students and teachers who want to be a TEFL certified.
TEFL means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. It is a term used to describe the teaching of English to non-native speakers of English. There are a number of courses and qualifications which refers to the same jobs and a million acronyms related to the field of teaching English to non-English learners. Following is a short guide to understanding the acronyms of teaching English overseas.
First, the term ELT (English Language Teaching) is a term used to include everything in the field of language teaching and serves as the umbrella. Likewise, TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is another umbrella term. It encompasses what used to be called TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language).
The term TESL refers to teaching of English to non-native speakers in a country where it is the native language for example teaching emigrants to the UK/USA. It stresses the needs of learners who will use English in their daily lives, in addition to their mother-tongue. It is teaching immigrants in English-speaking countries, though this area is also, confusingly, referred to as ESOL. ESL is English as a second language.
In addition, it should be made clear that there are no significant differences between TEFL and TESOL certification. The difference lies only in the acronyms and its expansion aimed at enabling native English Language speakers to teach English in Non-English speaking countries.
What is a TEFL course?
Basically, a TEFL course is a training program designed to help prospective professionals and practicing teachers of English as a Foreign or Second Language enhance their understanding of the English grammatical system, explore teachings skills pedagogy, and expand their skills in linguistic analysis by integrating all approaches to Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The length and depth of the course may vary, but all the courses will cover roughly the same content as toplanning lessons and classes, class management, skills and language work and activities to use with your classes and foundation skills needed to teach English to foreign learners. These are important skills and you’ll find them invaluable when you start your TEFL career.
How is TEFL course taken?
Language1st TEFL courses are taken online. The course you choose will largely depend on your study methods, your confidence levels and the position which you’re going to be looking for.
Why is TEFL certification important?
Nowadays the best paid TEFL teaching jobs are increasing, especially in countries like South Korea, Japan, China and the Middle East. TEFL teachers/tutors are in high demand in these countries and the average TEFL wage has been steadily rising for years. However, many educational institutions are constantly upgrading the level of their academe and so they prefer teachers with relevant teaching experiences and those with TEFL certification. In Korea for instance, with our TEFL certification, you can earn $100 more if you are hired in a public school. So if you are just starting your TEFL teaching career or already working but without any TEFL certification, it is highly advisable that you augment your portfolio by taking a TEFL course preferably a widely recognized standard of 120hrs TEFL certification or more in order to be more competitive in the market and be able to land a rewarding TEFL teaching career.
Who may take a TEFL course?
Language1st accepts student applicants with at least standard entry requirements to continuously maintain the support of placing people in their best jobs. He or she must have/be:
- either a degree (or similar level professional qualification) or 5 years work experience
- a high level of competence in all aspects of English
- 18 years old by the course date
For non-native speakers of English you can apply the TEFL courses but must have a highly advanced level of competence in all aspects of the English language.
- A degree from a reputable university
- IELTS level 6
- TOEFL (minimum scores 520 on the paper-based test or 80 on the computer-based test)